published Nov. 10, 2020, 8:57 p.m. by mariamagboola
Students on drinking spree found dead the following day
Two friends who had drank together a night before were found dead in the morning; overdose use of drug suspected.
According to the distraught mother of the 21-year-old Art student in a University, she was in their family home in Orange Farm, south of Johannesburg when she was called and told that her child was dead.
She said Sebabatso Lebajoa was discovered dead by fellow students.
The grieving mother, Gladys Lebajoa (49), told a newspaper that “when I got to the residence I found her lying on the floor, covered in a blanket,” she said.
Friends at the scene where her daughter was found told her that it is suspected that the drinks of the two friends were laced with crystal meth.
According to information gathered, Sababatso’s friend was also found dead with bubbles on her lips in her room when paramedics were called to the scene.
Gladys Lebajoa and Sebabatso’s grandmother, Sarah Milo could not believe their respectful, beloved child has died.
Gladys said she was surprised because it wasn’t the place where Sebabatso stayed she was found.“The students told me they thought she was sleeping on the day of the incident because they tried to wake her,” she said.
“Apparently, other students left her on the floor because she was snoring. Around 8am they thought she was still asleep, only to find out she was already dead.”
During the night Sebabatso’s friend, a third-year tourism student, was also struggling in her room.
Students who shared the a room with her said they found her vomiting . They called paramedics who declared her dead when they arrived.
Gladys said her daughter didn’t show sigh of taking drugs . We want to know what killed her.; she said.
Gladdys said Sabatso loved people and was always smiling. We just had a 21st birthday party for her.
I am so much in pain. I sent my daughter to school and she came back dead. I was looking forward to her finishing school like her sister and creating a better life for her self; said the weeping mother.
Gladys said the death of her daughter should serve as lesson to students.
This should be out there so that students become aware of what is going on; otherwise more students will die in like manner.
Illegal crystal meth or methamphetamine is a central nervous system stimulant that is often taken as a recreational drug and sometimes for the treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obesity.
The case is still being investigated.